Helping Families

Gilstrap Law



Advocating for and helping families since 2008.

Headquartered in Houston, TX, Gina Gilstrap represents parents/spouses all over the great State of Texas. We love to help families grow stronger.  Whether you are going through a divorce, attempting to modify or enforce a current order, or adopting a child we can not only represent you in court, but we’ll also help learn to the skills you need to strenghen your family from now on. We bring extensive experience and professionalism to every case and customize our support to your individual needs and concerns.

Gina Gilstrap has been practicing for over a decade and we have formulated a new approach to successfully representing clients. We’re on the pulse of modern technology, and have monitored our evolution to inform our own legal approaches—all to give you exceptional advice that will last for years to come. All clients are given access to their own client portal. Through this portal you can communicate and check on your case 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

We also bill differently than the typical lawyers office. We don’t bill hourly. We bill a flat fee for every step of the way. When we sign a contract with each other you will know exactly how much you will owe for every step we may take. There is no retainer that is billed against. You pay for the services not for the time it takes. There are no hidden hourly charges.

Get in touch with us to set up a consultation, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to enquire whether our services are right for you.




700 Louisiana Suite 3950
Houston, TX 77002



Areas of Practice

Suit affecting parent child relationship

A Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship (SAPCR) is the proper suit to file when the rights, duties, conservatorship, and support of a child or children need to be addressed by a court.  This type of suit is not only brought by parents.  Under certain circumstances a grandparent, aunt, uncle, or sibling can bring one of these suits.

Custody and Support Enforcement

Sometime one party will stop following the current order.  If the parties agree to these changes that is fine.  However, if the one parent does not agree they can hold the other parent to the order.  If you are supposed to receive child support and you are not, or if you are supposed to have visitation with your child and you are not getting that; give us a call.  We can help you enforce the order. 




A divorce in Texas can be as simple or as complex as the parties choose.  In your divorce all of the issues regarding your minor children and all of your property will be addressed.  More and more we are seeing Silver Divorces (couple over 55) come in our office, we have the experience to help with these and all divorce cases in Texas.


Adoption cases are usually the feel good cases for most of us who are in the family courts everyday.  I can help you finalize your divorce and give the children their forever family.  


When a final order is entered it is meant to last until the last child turns 18.  As you can imagine a lot of changes can happen in those years.  When the parties need to make changes to their current order they can contact us.  We can help you determine what exactly need to be changed and the best way to effectuate that change. 


“As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and if no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.
— Clarence Darrow


Let's Chat.

Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your legal issue with any specific document requests. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.

For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the firm into uncharted fields of practice.

Name *
Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message. In the event that we are representing a party with opposing interests to your own, we may have a duty to disclose any information you provide to our client.